Tuesday, April 26, 2011

One New Idea

SPORTS!!!
My first post will be about this years NFL Draft. There will be the player I believe the team will take and then the player I believe the team should take.

1. Carolina Panthers: Cam Newton QB
Who they should take: Marcell Dareus DT
Not even because I am a Notre Dame football fan, I think you have to give Jimmy Clausen more than a year to prove himself. The only good receiver he had was Steve Smith and quite frankly he is getting old and a ton of injuries are hurting him. I do not think Jimmy is in fact a franchise QB. However if you draft a qb in the second round you have to give that guy a chance. I also do not think Cam is a franchise QB in the NFL.

2. Denver Broncos: Marcell Dareus DT
Who they should take: Marcell Dareus DT
I agree with who they will and who they should pick. Marcell is going to be an amazing player. I could see them picking Patrick Peterson as well. With Patrick and Champ they would have the best defensive back tandem in the league.

3. Buffalo Bills: Von Miller LB
Who they should take: Blaine Gabbert QB
Do not get me wrong, Von Miller is one of the greatest players in this years draft and I would love to have him on my team. However they should draft a qb and the best qb in this draft will still available for them. Let Fitzpatrick teach Gabbert the few things he needs to learn and then hand the team over to him when the Bills have only won 1 of their first 8 games.

4. Cincinnati Bengals: A.J. Green WR
Who they should pick: Blaine Gabbert QB
I really think the Bengals do not believe Carson when he says he wants out or he is going to retire. So I think they are going to do everything they can in this draft to try and keep him here. What better way to do that then to get the best WR. I believe Carson is serious though, and they should go with the safe pick and getting the best QB available in the draft.

5. Arizona Cardinals: Blaine Gabbert QB
Who they should pick: Blaine Gabbert QB
They are going to be thrilled to see Gabbert still available. Dream come true!

6. Cleveland Browns: Julio Jones WR
Who they should pick: Julio Jones WR
Two in a row agreeing on. This never happens. Their biggest need is a pass rusher and they could go with Robert Quinn but instead with the big guns they have choosing the picks now they will do anything to make Colt a better QB. (Biggest rise in wins for a team this coming year and they make the playoffs)

7. San Francisco 49ers: Patrick Peterson CB
Who they should pick: Patrick Peterson CB
What! Three in a row! The 49ers are only a few missing pieces away from being an elite team and with the pick of Peterson they just got one of those pieces.

8. TENNESSEE TITANS: Nick Fairley DT
Who they should pick: Andy Dalton QB
When the Titans do choose Fairley, I am going to be exstatic, however, we ABSOLUTELY NEED a QB. I believe Andy is the best QB in this draft class. Laugh at me all you want but he has proven himself year in and year out. Do not forget Flacco when he was picked and how he is turning out.

9. Dallas Cowboys: Tyron Smith T
Who they should pick: Mike Pouncey C/G
No doubt they need help on the O line, I just believe Tyron is a little overrated and Pouncey to me has proven he will be great in the NFL.

10. Washington Redskins: Robert Quinn DE
Who they should pick: Mike Pouney C/G
I do believe Quinn will be good in the NFL I just do not believe he will great until a couple years. The safer pick here is Pouncey.

11. Houston Texans: Prince Amukamara CB
Who they should pick: Prince Amukamara CB
The Texans need help more than anything and anybody in the defensive passing game. They are so happy to have Prince to help them with that.

12. Minnesota Vikings: Jake Locker QB
Who they should pick: Andy Dalton QB
With Favre finally leaving, the Vikings have to reach out and get a franchise QB. I do think Jake will be a great QB but still I believe Andy is going to the best QB out of this draft. Maybe Andy will be available for us in the second round.

13. Detroit Lions: Da'Quan Bowers DE
Who they should pick: Da'Quan Bowers DE
Even though he is going to be a huge medical risk, I can not deny his skill and talent. Having Suh and Bowers (who was going to be picked first overall) the Lions D-line is going to be hard to compete against. Yep, the Lions!

14. St. Louis Rams: Corey Liuget DT
Who they should pick: Robert Quinn
I know they want more in the middle but as good as Quinn was/is you can not let him go any further than this.

15. Miami Dolphins: Andy Dalton QB
Who they should pick: Mark Ingram RB
Dolphins were reportedly very impressed with Andy. I know they will not pick Mark but with all the injuries their running backs have had they need to pick him. A former Heisman winner falling in your lap to help out Chad Henne. I do not like Chad as he came out of Michigan but when they gave him a chance he was pretty darn goood.

16. Jacksonville Jaquars: Ryan Kerrigan DE
Who they should pick: Aldon Smith DE
Okay, so we both agree they need a DE, however I think Kerrigan is a little overrated. Aldon Smith in my opinion will be as good as the top DE picked in this draft.

The other half will be coming before Thursday...stay tuned

No comments: